Asia Financial Markets Explained - Season 3 (Oct 2022 - Sep 2023)
This exciting training program consists of a Series of monthly interactive educational training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the financial industry in Asia, delivered by expert trainers drawn from our extensive global and regional network.
The Training Series is aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on key emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Learn from Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of leading financial institutions from both the buy and sell side, including banks, asset managers, law firms, market infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills by our staff and related member committees.
By curating relevant, up to date information together into one Series, with the active support of our wide industry network and expert committees, participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry that utilizes expert trainers from leading institutions globally and regionally.
TRAINING SERIES INFORMATION
What will you get from this Training Series?
- Series of monthly interactive training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the Asian financial industry.
- Delivered by expert trainers from our network of leading Financial Institutions, participants will be confident they are learning from a source recognised by the industry
- Aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Our full list of topics is below (although these are subject to change if more relevant topics emerge over the year). See below for further details.
- Sustainable Finance / ESG in Asia (27 Oct 2022)
- Inflation, Interest Rates and Market Volatility (17 Nov 2022)
- China Financial Markets Explained – Accessing and Operating in China (6 Dec 2022)
- The Trend Towards Deglobalisation (17 Jan 2023)
- Data, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence (16 Feb 2023)
- Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins (6 Mar 2023)
- India Financial Markets Explained (20 Apr 2023)
- Carbon Markets (May 2023)
- China Financial Markets Explained – The Markets (Jun 2023)
- Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity (Jul 2023)
- Regulatory Developments – What You Should Know (Aug 2023)
- Tokenization and Other DLT Uses (Sep 2023)
• For bulk registrations (10+ participants, non-transferrable) or corporate licenses (20+ participants, transferrable), special fees will be offered. Please refer to the Bulk Registration Form below for details.
24/7 access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
Training sessions from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with years of experience in the industry
Get a Certificate when you finish the course (conditions apply)
TRAINING SESSION DETAILS
Sustainable Finance / ESG in Asia
October 27, 2022 (Thursday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Saskia Kort-Chick, Senior Vice President, Director of ESG Research and Engagement, Responsible Investing, AllianceBernstein
101 – Definition and Origins of ESG and Sustainability:
- The origins of responsible investing
- Screening vs ESG vs Sustainability: what are the differences and benefits of various approaches?
- Size and drivers of the market
- Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Head of Sustainable Investing Strategy, Fidelity International
The Changing Regulatory Framework:
- How the approach and focus of ESG regulation has changed over the last 20 years
- Key regulatory frameworks shaping the asset management industry
- Outlook for disclosure regulation and the potential for harmonization
- Thijs Aaten, CEO, APG Asset Management Asia
ESG Investment Strategies and Challenges:
- How do asset managers invest sustainability?
- What are the challenges that investors face?
- Different investment strategies
Inflation, Interest Rates and Market Volatility
November 17, 2022 (Thursday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Adarsh Sinha, Managing Director, Co-Head of Asia FX & Rates Strategy, BofA Securities
- What got us here? Post-2008 policy, low inflation, multiple supply shocks since 2020
- Key drivers of market volatility
- Implications for the rest of Asia
China Financial Markets Explained: Accessing and Operating in China
December 6, 2022 (Tuesday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Charles Chang, Greater China Country Lead, Corporates, S&P Global Ratings
- China Market Access – Inbound
- Intro to China’s domestic bond market
- Market access: foreign participation, trading venues, access schemes
- Market risks
- Kristy Tang, Counsel, Fangda Partners
- China Market Access – Outbound
- Intro to offshore investment by Chinese institutions
- Different outbound schemes
- Features and Participants
- Senan Yuen, Head of Investment, China, Fidelity International
- Operating in China – Opportunities and Considerations for Foreign Firms
- Wholly owned onshore asset manager businesses in China
- Market opportunities and observations
The Trend Towards Deglobalisation
January 17, 2023 (Tuesday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Louis Kuijs, APAC Chief Economist, S&P Global Ratings
- The Current Push for Deglobalization and Its Implications
- Rapid globalization in the 1990s and 2000s
- Recent and current headwinds to globalization and their impact
- Empirical evidence so far and outlook
- David Wolber, Of Counsel, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- The Impact of Trade Sanctions, Export Controls and Other National Security-based Regulation on Deglobalization
- Overview of significant regulatory developments in recent years
- Risks posed to global business
- De-risking and ‘over-compliance’
Data, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence
February 16, 2023 (Thursday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Ewan McAllan - Head of Data Centre of Excellence Asia, Morgan Stanley
- Chris Barford, Partner, Financial Services Consulting, Ernst & Young
- Kieran Donovan, Partner, Data & Technology Transactions Practice, Latham & Watkins
- 101 – Why Data Matters?
- Data Privacy and Cross-border Issues – The Current Landscape
- Artificial Intelligence in Financial Markets – Uses and Challenges
Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins
March 6, 2023 (Monday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- Ben El-Baz, Head of Ecosystems, HashKey
- Willy Lim, Solutions Architect and Global Advisory Lead – Digital Currencies and Capital Markets, R3
- Julien Riposo, Manager, Index Research, FTSE Russell
- What are cryptocurrencies?
- What do stablecoins offer?
- Is there a future for cryptocurrencies and stablecoins?
India Financial Markets Explained
- Macroeconomics of India Financial Markets
- Accessing India Markets
- Fixed Income and FX Markets
- Equities Markets
- 101 – How Carbon Markets have developed?
- Regulated carbon markets
- Voluntary carbon markets in Asia
China Financial Markets Explained: The Markets
- 101 – How China Financial Markets are Different (reprise)
- Equity markets and Bond markets in China
- FX – CNY and CNH
Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Overview of Regulatory Landscape on Operational Resilience
- Industry's Perspective on Operational Resilience
- How to Prepare for and Respond to Threats
Regulatory Developments: What You Should Know
- 101 - Key Global regulatory developments
- Key Asia regulatory developments
- How the finance sector needs to change
Tokenization and Other DLT Uses
- 101 –Introduction to Distributed Ledger Technology
- Tokenisation – uses in markets
- Using DLT for processes
TRAINING SESSION FORMAT
Interactive Live Sessions + Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Interactive virtual live training session (over Zoom) of 60 mins in English
- Introduction to the topic in a dynamic format, including use of polling, Q&A and surveys
- Exclusive access to our Learning Management System containing educational resources for each topic, including session presentation provided by the trainers, background materials and videos on-demand and presenter profiles
Accreditation and Certification
Certificates and CPT/CPD Points
- ASIFMA is an Approved Recognized Institution for Providing Continuous Professional Training (“CPT”) by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). SFC CPT hours will be available for those located in Hong Kong for live Zoom session attendance.
- Live Zoom session attendance counts as CPD activity for holders of HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework certifications with relevant job roles.
- ASIFMA will also be seeking CPT accreditation in other jurisdictions.
- Those who attend at least 8 live webinar sessions will be issued with an electronic Certificate at the end of the series.