Asia Financial Markets Explained - Season 3 (Oct 2022 - Sep 2023)
This exciting training program consists of a Series of monthly interactive educational training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the financial industry in Asia, delivered by expert trainers drawn from our extensive global and regional network.
The Training Series is aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on key emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Learn from Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of leading financial institutions from both the buy and sell side, including banks, asset managers, law firms, market infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills by our staff and related member committees.
By curating relevant, up to date information together into one Series, with the active support of our wide industry network and expert committees, participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry that utilizes expert trainers from leading institutions globally and regionally.
TRAINING SERIES INFORMATION
What will you get from this Training Series?
- Series of monthly interactive training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the Asian financial industry.
- Delivered by expert trainers from our network of leading Financial Institutions, participants will be confident they are learning from a source recognised by the industry
- Aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Our full list of topics is below (although these are subject to change if more relevant topics emerge over the year). See below for further details.
- Sustainable Finance / ESG in Asia
- Inflation, Interest Rates and Market Volatility
- China Financial Markets Explained – Accessing and Operating in China
- The Trend Towards Deglobalisation
- Data, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence
- Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins
- India Financial Markets Explained
- Carbon Markets
- China Financial Markets Explained – The Markets
- Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Regulatory Developments – What You Should Know
- Tokenization and Other DLT Uses
• For bulk registrations (10+ participants, non-transferrable) or corporate licenses (20+ participants, transferrable), special fees will be offered. Please refer to the Bulk Registration Form below for details.
24/7 access to our Learning Management System (LMS)
Training sessions from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with years of experience in the industry
Get a Certificate when you finish the course (conditions apply)
TRAINING SESSION DETAILS
Sustainable Finance / ESG in Asia
October 27, 2022 (Thursday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- 101 – Definition and Origins of ESG and Sustainability
- The changing regulatory framework
- ESG investment strategies and challenges
Inflation, Interest Rates and Market Volatility
November 17, 2022 (Thursday), 12pm - 1pm HKT
- 101 – the key drivers of current market volatility
- Inflation and the interest rate response
- Market volatility and what might happen next
China Financial Markets Explained: Accessing and Operating in China
December 6, 2022 (Tuesday), 12pm - 1 pm HKT
- 101 – How China Financial Markets are Different?
- China market Access – Inbound and Outbound
- Operating in China – opportunities and challenges
The Trend Towards Deglobalisation
- 101 – Globalisation and its reversal
- Key impacts on globalisation
- Deglobalisation and its consequences
Data, Privacy and Artificial Intelligence
- 101 – Why data matters?
- Data Privacy and Cross-border issues – the current landscape
- Artificial Intelligence in financial markets – uses and challenges
Cryptocurrencies and Stablecoins
- 101 – Distributed ledger technology (DLT) and money
India Financial Markets Explained
- 101 – How India Financial Markets are Different?
- Accessing India markets and Operating in India
- India Bond and Equity markets - challenges
- 101 – How Carbon Markets have developed?
- Regulated carbon markets
- Voluntary carbon markets in Asia
China Financial Markets Explained: The Markets
- 101 – How China Financial Markets are Different (reprise)
- Equity markets and Bond markets in China
- FX – CNY and CNH
Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Overview of Regulatory Landscape on Operational Resilience
- Industry's Perspective on Operational Resilience
- How to Prepare for and Respond to Threats
Regulatory Developments: What You Should Know
- 101 - Key Global regulatory developments
- Key Asia regulatory developments
- How the finance sector needs to change
Tokenization and Other DLT Uses
- 101 –Introduction to Distributed Ledger Technology
- Tokenisation – uses in markets
- Using DLT for processes
TRAINING SESSION FORMAT
Interactive Live Sessions + Online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Interactive virtual live training session (over Zoom) of 60 mins in English
- Introduction to the topic in a dynamic format, including use of polling, Q&A and surveys
- Exclusive access to our Learning Management System containing educational resources for each topic, including session presentation provided by the trainers, background materials and videos on-demand and presenter profiles
Accreditation and Certification
Certificates and CPT/CPD Points
- ASIFMA is an Approved Recognized Institution for Providing Continuous Professional Training (“CPT”) by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC). SFC CPT hours will be available for those located in Hong Kong for live Zoom session attendance.
- Live Zoom session attendance counts as CPD activity for holders of HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework certifications with relevant job roles.
- ASIFMA will also be seeking CPT accreditation in other jurisdictions.
- Those who attend at least 8 live webinar sessions will be issued with an electronic Certificate at the end of the series.