Asia Financial Markets Explained - Season 2 (Oct 21 - Sep 22)
This exciting training program consists of a Series of monthly interactive educational training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the financial industry in Asia, delivered by expert trainers drawn from our extensive global and regional network.
The Training Series is aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on key emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Learn from Global and Asian industry experts and senior representatives from our network of leading financial institutions from both the buy and sell side, including banks, asset managers, law firms, market infrastructure providers and consultancies who have been specifically selected for their knowledge and skills.
By curating relevant, up to date information together into one Series, with the active support of our wide industry network and expert committees, participants will be confident they are learning from a source accredited by the industry.
The Training Series also includes exclusive access to our Portal, containing educational resources, including the related session presentation provided by the trainers, reference materials on each topic, past session videos on demand and presenter profiles.
TRAINING SERIES INFORMATION
What will you get from this Training Series?
Series of monthly interactive training sessions on key emerging topics relevant to the Asian financial industry
- Delivered by expert trainers from our network of leading Financial Institutions.
- Participants will be confident they are learning from a source recognised by the industry
- Aimed at getting junior and intermediate employees up to speed on emerging areas in financial markets within Asia (potentially also useful for senior professionals)
Our full list of topics is below (although these are subject to change if more relevant topics emerge over the year). See below for further details.
- Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia
- Big Data Management and Analysis including AI
- China Financial Markets Explained
- The Pandemic – Policy Strategies and Financial Markets Impact
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACS)
- Tokenised Securities, Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs Explained
- Asset Management and Hedge Funds Explained
- Practical Applications of Blockchain and DLT in Capital Markets
- Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Compliance Tips for Staying on the Right Side of the Regulator
- Navigating ASEAN Markets
The series fact sheet can be downloaded here.
24/7 access to our learning portal
Training sessions from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with years of experience in the industry
Get a Certificate when you finish the course (conditions apply)
TRAINING SESSION DETAILS
Sustainable Finance/ESG in Asia
October 26, 2021
- Introduction – Definitions, Historical & International Context, and Current Evolution
- ESG Investing – A Buy Side Perspective
- Sustainable and Climate Finance – A Bank Perspective
Big Data Management and Analysis including AI
November 23, 2021
- Big Data Management - How to get your data right?
- How do you analyze your data? How do you use AI?
- Use Cases in Capital Markets
China Financial Markets Explained
December 14, 2021
- Accessing China Markets – Inbound
- Accessing Overseas Markets – Outbound
- Operating in China
- Equity Markets, Fixed Income Markets, FX
The Pandemic – Policy Strategies and Financial Markets Impact
January 24, 2022
- How have governments responded to the Pandemic globally and within Asia?
- How have regulators reacted to it?
- How have firms changed, including dealing with clients, culture and conduct, and working from home?
Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPACs)
- Introduction to SPACs
- SPACs in the US
- SPACs in Asia - Hong Kong and Singapore
Tokenised Securities, Cryptocurrencies and CBDCs Explained
March 10, 2022
- Intro – Overview of Different Types of Virtual Assets
- Tokenised Securities
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) Explained
Asset Management and Hedge Funds Explained
- Asset Management in Asia
- Hedge Funds in Asia
- What Asset Owners Want?
- Word Cloud, Q&A
Practical Applications of Blockchain and DLT in Capital Markets
May 24, 2022
- Introduction to Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- Open Source DLT Platform for Regulated Entities
- Securities Services
June 7, 2022
- The Role of Data in International Finance
- International and Asian Policy Landscape
- Use of Cloud in Financial Services
Operational Resilience and Cybersecurity
- Overview of Regulatory Landscape on Operational Resilience
- Industry's Perspective on Operational Resilience
- How to Prepare for and Respond to Threats
Compliance Tips for Staying on the Right Side of the Regulator
- Key Compliance Processes and Controls
- Bank Perspective: Challenges and Solutions
- Dealing with the Regulator: Inspections, Policies and Enforcement
Navigating ASEAN Markets
- Overview of ASEAN Markets
- Custodian’s Perspective
- Asset & Wealth Management’s Perspective
TRAINING SESSION FORMAT
Interactive Live Sessions + Online Portal
- Interactive virtual live training session (over Zoom) of 60-90 mins in English
- Introduction to the topic in a dynamic format, including use of polling, Q&A and surveys
- Exclusive access to an online repository containing educational resources for each topic, including session presentation provided by the trainers, background materials and videos on-demand
Accreditation and Certification
Certificates and CPT/CPD Points
- Those who attend at least 8 live webinar sessions as well as complete the requisite number of surveys will be issued with an electronic Proof of Attendance at the end of the series.
- Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) Continuous Professional Training (CPT) points will be granted for those located in Hong Kong for live sessions attended.
- Attendance at relevant live sessions counts as CPD activity for holders of HKMA Enhanced Competency Framework certifications with relevant job roles.